 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9674
Re: Want
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 17:28:58 GMT

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 05:15:02PM +0000, Iain Hendry wrote:
PS - For like the last month or something I haven't been able to
   post/read to LUGNet from Outlook at home. Calum said something
   about switching a port number - any ideas?

If you're using outlook to access the NNTP (news server), you need to
update it to use port 1119 instead of port 119.  Todd changed the server
port after some programs started harvesting emails via port 119.

--
Dan Boger
dan@peeron.com