 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9279
    Re: What is shaping up to be the most posted-on rtl event in the history of rtl events.... —Derek Raycraft
   (...) If only we had won that bucket of soccer balls at Brickfest. :-( hmm, I wonder who got stuck with those. :-) Derek (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: What is shaping up to be the most posted-on rtl event in the history of rtl events.... —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) If you seriously wanted to borrow (some of?) them for a while, I'm sure a temporary loan could be arranged... drop me a line and I'll forward your mail to Nik for you if you weren't just kidding around. (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: What is shaping up to be the most posted-on rtl event in the history of rtl events.... —Richard Noeckel
     (...) Y’know, that's very nice of you. I don't have anything to do with the rtl robotic games, but i still wanted to comment on how nice that gesture is! (Nik was very lucky to win…although I'm sure he’s inundated with them.) ;-P -R (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: What is shaping up to be the most posted-on rtl event in the history of rtl events.... —Derek Raycraft
   (...) Wow, that was a quick reply Larry. At this point it's just a jest. From a contest point of view the best way to use the soccer balls would be to distribute them to the contestants to work with as they built there robots. And this just doesn't (...) (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Mr Nibbles! was Re: What is shaping up to be the most posted-on rtl event in the history of rtl —Calum Tsang
   (...) I think I have enough balls already. Each soccer bus (eight copies), grandstand (like...14 copies), playfield (1 copy) came with a pile of them. I can lend them out to those who don't have the balls to do it themselves. I'm sure you have a (...) (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: Mr Nibbles! was Re: What is shaping up to be the most posted-on rtl event in the history of rtl —Iain Hendry
     (...) I fail to see why we need soccer balls... not marbles? (Soccer Balls are both black and white, adding unnecissary complexity to a marble harvesting robot, and omiting any rules or additional challenges you might be able to add based on ball (...) (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

         Re: Mr Nibbles! was Re: What is shaping up to be the most posted-on rtl event in the history of rtl —Derek Raycraft
      (...) Because they are, get this, Lego! And are therefor standard and uniform and everybody would have the same thing to work with. (...) Agreed, but I'm sure soccer balls and basket balls would show up different. This just means you have to spin (...) (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

         Re: Mr Nibbles! was Re: What is shaping up to be the most posted-on rtl event in the history of rtl —David Koudys
     (...) I ahve a 4 foot x4 foot arena. We could potentially run two different types of matches at the next rtl event. Marble sorting in a small playfield, so that we would have to scale our 'bots accordingly--say your 'bot can't be bigger than 8 (...) (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: Mr Nibbles! was Re: What is shaping up to be the most posted-on rtl event in the history of rtl —Chris Magno
   In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Calum Tsang wrote: <SNIP> (...) do you REALLY want to go there??? really? talk it over with steve H. HE thought about going there... then stopped. Chris. I fixed my laptop, and my admin assistant is in the other room (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)