 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9123
9122  |  9124
Subject:
First Post! (And a place to get current sets at less than MSRP)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 13 Sep 2003 01:53:38 GMT

Hi all, this is my first post here. :)

I finally got the 4403 helicopter and 4404 pickup this week! Even though I
have not opened it yet they look very sweet. I also bought the 8465 Extreme
off roader while I'm there to get the 1x2 gear rack to add steering to 4404.

I bought those from My Gifted Child inside the mall at Steeles/404. It
offers almost all current 2003 sets at a discount from MSRP - 4403 at $65
and 4404 at $70. The manager there is very friendly (and speaks Cantonese...
very nice). I also have a 8455 on back order for more than two months, which
brings me to its downside - you have to wait a loooong time if you are
ordering sets instead of picking off the shelf there. Now that 8465 I got is
$55 and it's the last one there - so you all can forget about it! :-)

I will be using 4403 to spice up my 8856 (bought it 11 years ago in HK).
While I'm at it, take a look at my Brickshelf corner:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=buurin

There you'll see my take on adding radio control to 8466, as inspired by the
Dave K we all know very well, and a Butters model that I announced a while
ago on lugnet without drawing much attention.

Now, guess how much I will be getting my backhoe for?

$130!

With it priced at $135 at Bricks & Blocks and $150 @ TRU it is worth the
wait, but I still have to say it...

I WANT MY BACKHOE!!!