 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8184
Re: rtlToronto/train6 2004 Sketches
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 03:06:09 GMT

<snip>

-Multilevel areas that worked well in train4/4.5/Roadshow/5 NMRA etc.

-Staging area and sitting area.  After the NMRA dinner, I thought, why not have
as JeffE suggested, a long staging area BEHIND the layout (in the little
miniature map) the top set of modules and use them for staging entire sets of
trains.  We can even push it out by one module and have a 6x1 module open area
for sitting.  That way we can close out the main city area and make it a solid
area.  This works even better because it reduces the size of the main city area
to be tighter, AND if we sit in the middle between the main layout and the yard,
we visually separate the yard from the scenery.

Calum

I'll take care of the 'staging area'...

It can be 6 by 1 and have modules at each end for attachment to the main layout

I like it...

Sec--designing now

Dave K
-more train talk!