 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7818
Re: Life is pretty good...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 15:21:16 GMT

So the drive in to work was pretty easy, considering all the 'smart' people took
the day before the holiday off to have an 'extendo-'long weekend....

Get to work and there's 8456 on my desk.

"What is this now?" I think to myself.

Turns out that a co-worker was cleaning up his abode on the weekend, found the
set, and decided that it should be in the hands of a LEGO appreciator, and
there's only one of 'em that he knows about--me! :)

I had a very similar experience about two weeks ago.  I was sitting at my desk,
when a hand reached over and set a 6579 set down in front of me.  Turns out this
co-worker (who I didn't realize knew me to be a LEGO fan) had found this little
set in his desk and wasn't even sure how it got there.  But when he saw it, he
knew I should have it.

So there you are.

Weird, huh?  So all those LEGO-related wallpapers on my PC, the LEGO Santa,
Christmas tree etc. on my desk last December, constantly advising co-workers on
what LEGO to buy for their kids... etc. etc.  I guess it pays off now and then.
:)

Free LEGO--is there anything better in the universe?

Yes, but this is a family show.  ;)

Regards,
Allan B.