 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 737
  again...

I didn't think it could be done. It's happened a few times before... once when the classic space sets came out for the first time ... who didn't look at the Galaxy Explorer and just 'fall in love with it'. Then when the Mindstorms came out, Loved (...) (23 years ago, 23-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: again...

(...) My thoughts exactly when I recieved mine! I ordered two just so I could have two air tanks. As fun as it has been fiddling with th pneumatics, I have yet to incororate them into a robot. I had big dreams of a pneumatic block stacker, but it (...) (23 years ago, 23-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: again...

"David Koudys" <dkoudys@redeemer.on.ca> wrote in message news:GC9q4E.1yJ@lugnet.com... (...) Pneumatic systems can be really fascinating to watch. They can also be insanely frustrating when maladjusted. X-) Cheap and crude cylinder technology may (...) (23 years ago, 24-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: again...

(...) This has been my holy grail. The manual pumps put out more volume of air per stroke then the little ones. The bad side is that because air compresses so easily, the first 3/4 of the stroke is not very effective, yet is the easiest part of the (...) (23 years ago, 24-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: again...

<warning type="lego-mod" sensitive="purists"> You can use the big cylinders as compressors. Just carefully unwind the spring from the shaft - you can do it without damaging the spring if you're careful. Store the spring for reapplication later. I've (...) (23 years ago, 24-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: again...

(...) I just checked the catalog I received last week from Lego and the pneumatic set doesn't have an electric pump. Are you suggesting there is such a beast? Also, how does the "mini pump" differ from the usual manual pump (if it is a manual pump - (...) (23 years ago, 28-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: again...

(...) Um, I think what Dave (??) was saying is that you can motorize the small pump (mini pump) and make an "electric pump" The difference between the 2 pumps is size and ease of connection to a motor. the manual pump is really best suited for a (...) (23 years ago, 30-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)