 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7240
7239  |  7241
Subject:
Train Layout pics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 20:25:15 GMT

Some choice pictures from this past weekend:

Once moderated:

Deep links:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jeffe/Train/Train4-5/01_main_street_1.jpg
A view down main street, from my end of town toward Derek's.  On the
left: the yellow Flatiron building; the church; the white and blue
police shop; the grey train station.  On the right: the "Liberty"
building in green; the yellow "Timmy" apts; the hotel, and sundry
houses.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jeffe/Train/Train4-5/02_flatiron.jpg
The Flatiron building, which uses 10-sided geometry.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jeffe/Train/Train4-5/03_laser_stoplight_love.jpg
Another angle on Main Street.  A bit better view of the front of the
station, and my experimental Let's-Point-The-Laser-At-The-Stoplight
shot.  Worked pretty well, actually.  I especially like the reflection
in the flatiron building and the top of the bus stop :)

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jeffe/Train/Train4-5/04_police.jpg
Street-level view of the front of the new Police building.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jeffe/Train/Train4-5/05_hotel.jpg
The front of the hotel and side of the Police building.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jeffe/Train/Train4-5/06_town_wall_1.jpg
Another recent addition:  a piece of the old town wall.  There are
actually little slits under each battlement on the ramparts.  It also
uses the 18 degree angles for 10/20-sided geometry.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jeffe/Train/Train4-5/07_town_wall_2.jpg
A wide-angle shot of my end of town, featuring the outside face of the
town wall.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jeffe/Train/Train4-5/08_town_wall_3.jpg
More town wall love.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jeffe/Train/Train4-5/09_lower_station.jpg
The underground portion of my station.  The Altenburg West station has
four tracks - two above ground, and these two below.  The stairway leads
up to the wlak-thru under the track on the top level, and there's an
elevator on the right.  The station is lit, but the camera flash has
completely washed out the 5 wheatbulb lights.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jeffe/Train/Train4-5/10_station_side.jpg
The side of the station.  Note the stairwells on each platform leading
down to the walk-thru.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jeffe/Train/Train4-5/11_house_garden.jpg
Some of the sundry houses on Main Street.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jeffe/Train/Train4-5/12_calum_garden.jpg
Calum mugs shamelessly for the camera... or is he dreaming of weasels?
Derek's ramp, car dealership, and shop.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jeffe/Train/Train4-5/13_derek_garden_shot.jpg
Derek's end of Altenburg, with the Town Hall at the end.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jeffe/Train/Train4-5/14_mayor.jpg
The mayor.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jeffe/Train/Train4-5/15_dam.jpg
Jeff VW's newly refurbed dam and bridges, supporting Calum's TGV.  This
train goes like spit - the only one we can run at full tilt the whole
way around the layout.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jeffe/Train/Train4-5/16_lighthouse.jpg
Jeff VW whipped up a cool lighthouse near the Marina during the
weekend.  My container ship pulls up to the pier in the background.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jeffe/Train/Train4-5/17_marina_1.jpg
The marina bar & grill, and watersport shop.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jeffe/Train/Train4-5/18_marina_2.jpg
Get your overpriced SCUBA gear here!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jeffe/Train/Train4-5/19_portlands.jpg
A shot across the Portlands toward Calum's immense red station, the ramp
down from Altenburg, and the train yards.

Jeff E