 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7216
Re: New Steadicam
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 06:43:44 GMT

Many years ago (almost seven years ago, January 1996) I drew up an idea for
a Lego Steadicam rig.  A few days ago, Derek Raycraft turned up another
design for one.  But both of these had the problem that they didn't have the
articulated arm that makes the professional Steadicams what they are.  (the
two models so far are like the consumer JR model:  The operator's arm is
used for stabilization).

Anyways, I think I've solved it.  Here are two shots of a minifigure scale
Steadicam rig with the arm.  The screwdriver piece was the shortest stub I
could find for the purpose--and some Steadicam ops have an antenna on their
rig for remote video assist and focus anyways...

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tsangc/Town/steadicam1.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tsangc/Town/steadicam2.jpg

Rock on!! I'll have to update mine :-)

-Tim