 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7133
Re: Off Topic, Briefly: Delirium
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 00:51:22 GMT

"Wayne Young" <wayfer@nospam_rogers.com> wrote in message

Thanks for putting together and posting the Delerium video, Iain, I must
have played it 10 times. The ride looks awesome.

No problem, it was fun to make!

Does Psyclone have a dropping floor of some sort too?

It's similar only in that it drops.  The Giant Frisbee floor has 8 panels
that each come down individually - Psyclone has one gigantic square
suspended from four hydraulic cylinders, and the entire structure lowers
about 2 metres.  I like the way Delirium's operates more - it's silent
(Psyclone's is loud because of the hydraulic pump units at each cylinder),
and it's visually more apealing I think.

The one concern that the park has had (and there is a hilarious story about
the conversation between their team and the design team at HUSS about how to
do this) is that people can't place their items on the floor.  On Psyclone,
if you've got to take off your shoes or purse or whatever, you just set it
on the floor.  It drops away, the ride goes and does its thing, and it comes
back to the same spot.  On Delirium if you were to do this, your stuff would
roll into the centre and you'd never see it again.  :)

This has been solved with large industrialish latching bins around the
perimeter of the ride loading area.

    Iain