 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6841
6840  |  6842
Subject:
Looking for Robotics Mentor in Hamilton Area
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 15:56:28 GMT

Hi folks,

We often get requests for mentors, judges and the like from people who
wander by the rtlToronto site.  If anyone is interested in mentorship in the
Hamilton area, please email me and I'll get you in touch.

Calum

-------forward below--------
Hi Calum:

I am a parent along with the teacher, principal, other parents/community who
are bringing lego robotics to
grades 6,7,8 students at our school, Alan A. Greenleaf.  I believe it is a
great way to learn through
experiencing building a robot.  An idea born last year is rushing into
reality as we push forward to
implement as quickly as possible.

As for me, I am a mom who loves kids having great experiences in their life.
This is a volunteer project.

We finished a Robotics exhibition & competition Feb. 27, with bringing the
lego kits into the school in
Jan. of this year.  Our website for more detail on us is:
http://robots.flamborough.biz

We are new to robotics and could use some help.  We have committed ourselves
to a competition on April 16
(at neighboring Halton board) and May 26(Skills Canada, Provincial
Competition). A team of 4(2 boys & 2
girls) for each a Grade 4,5,6 competition and a Grade 7,8 team.

Do you know of anybody down this way I could contact and ask if they would
consider being a mentor?  We
could use a resident expert full of experience.