 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6191
Re: Television Demo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 13:34:19 GMT

Calum,

My Legway may be something interesting.  I'm working on making some
improvments.  I've already made it stronger, in case Chris gets ahold if it
again:

All you need is a HiTechnic EOPD and some code (which I can e-mail you).

Steve

Hi folks,

Chris and I have been asked by a television show to come on live and do a
segment with them about Lego robots and enthusiasts.  The date is yet to be
set, but it seems more or less positive so far in our conversations.

We're looking around a week or two from now but we have a problem:  We need
to have some interesting demos to show that have the following characteristics:

-Make "sense" to viewers.  Things that make "sense" to casual viewers would
be say, things that interact with the real world (a stationary candy sorter,
a rubik's cube solver etc), things that emulate the real world (a walker,
monkeybars) etc.  Things that need a lot of explanation (ie, Project X) are
probably not that useful, but something that fits into what people think is
a robot visually is good:  an arm, a bipedal, etc.

-Has to "Read" on TV-meaning, lots of motion, but not too fast, and
bright-not built out of black beams.  Anything but black beams.  Something
crowd pleasing.

-Easy to set up and run.  Like, red button, then green button.

-Has to work within confines of whatever card table or whatever they give
us.  Meaning, it can't be something big or too huge.

Anyone up for the challenge?  Chris is building a paper plotter.

Calum