 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6034
    Re: My new sig file —Ka-On Lee
   (...) For some 50+ years old folks like my parents, who insist on turning the solar calculator upside down when it is not used so that it will turn 'off'. Unless it got a clock like the VCR, anything with a stand by light annoys them since they are (...) (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: My new sig file —Jeff Elliott
   Actually, I saw a study recently that as much as 6% of U.S. residential electrical power consumption is from devices in "stand-by" mode. So, your parents might not be so far off the mark, actually. Jeff E (...) (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)