 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5577
Re: My next big conflict
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 20:42:28 GMT

oh, and don't forget to bring the legway, I want to see it in person.

I may need those parts for my block stacker.  All 20 of them.

show off.

For the record, I'm almost embarrassed to say this because of all the hype, but it took me about 1 night to build it AND program it.  MAYBE 3 or 4 hours.  I think I spent more time on the web site than on the robot.

:)
(standard mocking on)
:)

Steve, I don't think your up to the challenge of building a block
stacker... Sure anyone can build a self balancing rcx, but a block
stacker.... that's hard

It sounds hard.

Over lunch I went home and threw a robot together.  It took me longer to build the 20 blocks, than to build a robot to stack them all.

I guess it wasn't as challenging as I thought.

And don't forget to bring the legway!

I already stripped it down for parts.

However, I may have a problem with my design.  My current stacker launches them up in the air, so my modified LegWay can run under them and balance them atop the RCX.  But now, I have to figure out how to replace the EOPDs (custom sensor) with standard light sensors.

:)
(standard mocking off)
:)

Can anyone else imagine the Cat in the Hat with a stack of coffee cups & saucers balanced on his nose?

Steve