 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5504
Fw: paypal in Canada
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 21:39:54 GMT

From: "Chris Magno"
snip

Hey gang...  I'm cross posting this to .CA just so you RTL guys know.
( Posting to .ca but I can't remember if I signed up. )

I was thinking about joining pay pal.....
Some horror stories, but with ebay buying them out, should be better.  Keep in
mind, not all countries can use paypal.

snip
Do I get the $50 or do I get 50 minus 3%
For personal accounts, no fees.  But you can't accept visa/mc.  For
premier/business, the fee varies.  It is charged when the buyer transfer to
you, and not after, say the end of the month.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/fees

plus GST Plus.....
No GST that I know of.

snip
Do I take that $48.42 in an account and transfer it to (??) at which
point they ding me for $3 transfer fee, and GST and a percentage of
that???
Transfer fee is .85C but if denied by your bank, there is a return fee of
$30.00.  I haven't withdrawn yet so I can't say more.  ( will wait for large
transfers )  Also, some banks may charge for wire transfers.  But Paypal
considers it an electronic transfer.  ( I've done US wire transfer in the past
and been dinged 15.00 each time by my bank )

Keep in mind, not all banks accept all currencies.  I heard only CIBC accepts
British pounds.  Mine only accepts euros and USD.  So paypal is good for people
located in small countries, etc.

snip
I've been to the web page of paypal, but the fee structure is poorly
Yep.
snip

:
:
: "The only person sure of himself is the man who wishes to
: leave things as they are, and he dreams of an impossibility"
:                      -- George M. Wrong.
:
: Angelo Castellano    emails - statsone@sympatico.ca
: Home Page/PGP Public Keys - http://www3.sympatico.ca/statsone
:
: RSA Key ID  2048/947E1671
: Fingerprint EBE9 C3E3 C676 E516  3C98 8235 F4CC 4F3D
:
: DH/DSS Key ID 4448F0EA
: Fingerprint 7611 64A8 B2CC D6C5 8C3F  E451 9396 2BCF 4448 F0EA
:
: Or mailto:statsone@sympatico.ca?subject=send_key
:
: Yahoo IM angelo_c101  hotmail IM statsone