 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5494
5493  |  5495
Subject:
TRU specials....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 02:26:05 GMT

I seen Toys R Us having a special from the 2nd of October until the
18th.  This is probably not geared for the robotic techies since
TRU rarely has any clearance on Mindstorm/Technic items, with exception
of the RIS sets summer of 2001.

I think they are trying to clear room for fall items, so they are (at least
in my area) trying to sell off the Alpha Team and the Life on Mars.  Not
really my favorite items, and all of them got 25% off including the
aerotube set.  The old Alpha Team (Ogel Command Base) is half off, which
makes it $35 CDN.

Just thought I'd post it....

I seen the Spybotics, new RC car (big one and little one), and some of the
newer stuff.  I haven't seen the new My Own Train sets there yet.  Canadian
TRU's have been slower than their American Counterparts.  I will be in USA
again on Thursday, so I might check the nearest one over the river to see
if they are there.  I might also check the Target in Niagara Falls, NY
to see if they are selling the train sets there.

Thanks,

Ben