 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4858
Re: Opinions... new Sante-Fe wagons....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 14:41:17 GMT

Calum Tsang wrote:

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Van Winden writes:

Its already referenced in lugnet:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/10022
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/10025

Is it me, or are a lot of these Lego sets built very poorly?  Specifically,
what's up with building everything out of 2x wide bricks?  Don't people
build with nice interlaced bricks anymore?  (Now, yes, I know they only make
corrogated as 2x wide, and LD can't have new bricks tooled but...)

Another example:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/10017
What's going on with all those 2x 45 deg slopes?

Ok, first you complain that there aren't enough bricks out there, now
you're complaining that there are too many.  I think you need to get a
job.  I'm starting fear that the next time we drop by your place you'll
be all hunched over in a rocking chair on the front porch yelling at the
neighborhood kid incoherently.

"Rass-if-frasin Lego.  Hey you!  Kid! Get off my lawn with them damn
Bionicals.  Why when I was your age Lego had bricks!.  Grumble mumble..."

Personally I like the look of all those 1x2 45 deg slopes gives to the
top of the Hopper Wagon.  It gives it a rougher look like a real hopper
car would have.  I've built walls of 1x2 corrugated bricks before, and
they don't look too bad.  The problem with them of course is if you
overlap them you end up with 1x1s at the ends that aren't corrugated.

Derek