 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4819
4818  |  4820
Subject:
Train station facade
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 4 Jul 2002 23:56:21 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi folks,

I finished the majority of the front of my train station today:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/people/tsangc/nglcl/lego-station-front.jpg

This is a street level view, behind this section is a 96x48 shed that
encompasses three tracks (or two tracks and a DerekMonorail(tm) beamway)

It was a real fight to find all the inverse 1x3 33 deg slopes.  I still need
more, because I'm not happy with the way the arches are.  I also need more
1x1 round flat pieces in red, and to find the other 2x2 round tile clock I
have somewhere.

I'm also going to experiment with making labels.  I'd like some nice Futura
text for the signage which I've left lots of white areas for above doors and
the main section.

Outside of that, it's now a wait for a nice happy BOGOHP to buy some 48x48
baseplates and some 4285 buckets.  I recently discovered inside the 4285 is
2 of the slopes I need, and for $8 or so after discount, it might be worth
it, as it comes with a couple hundred other pieces including some large
plates (6x8 in blue) and a window.

Calum