 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4751
Re: DnD?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 01:59:16 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry writes:
Is "Dungeons and Dragons", the game, the same as what you guys wanna do for
like this "Brickwars" thing? A co worker of mine took me to his weekly DnD
meet, and while I had fun, I found it excrutiatingly confusing (I had no
clue what I was doing) and I really didn't have a good time. But the room
was too hot, too. If it's similar, that's neat.

Brikwars is in a similar vein to DnD, but much more oriented towards fun. ie
If in your turn you want to do something that's not in the rules, do it
anyway, and the result will be determined by how funny / silly / just plain
ludicrous it is.

There's also room for physical stuff, like actually shooting cannons etc, to
see how much actual damage they do, rather than relying on dice.

ROSCO