 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4687
Re: Rob's Smart
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 20:21:16 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:
well, I cleared off my lego area, and after a long time absence with the
Brick, and some inspiration from the last dinner I went and built Rob's
Secret one motor 2 output device.

Its not mine, I just use it a lot. This idea is actually genuine Lego
material. Just look at the 'secret' plans at the back of the constructopedia
for a single motor drive and steer base. Its pretty much the same idea.

Sure, my version is kind of crude.

Actually, you can make a direction splitter without using a diff or ratchets
at all. Its much more compact, but I haven't used it in any of my mechanisms
yet. I can bring a demo for show and tell sometime.
Some really nice pieces to use for ratchets are the 1x1 bricks with holes...

just a post to say the Secret is OUT!!!

http://members.rogers.com/magno42/motor1.jpg
http://members.rogers.com/magno42/motor2.jpg

It looks good to me. I liked the way you supported the worm driving the
diff. You should send those pics to Calum so he can use them in his
brickfest talk.

Never again will I be afraid of only having one motor to do 2 jobs.

Now you just need to graduate to one motor doing 4 jobs :)

Rob