 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 466
Re: thoughts on dragsters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 05:18:45 GMT

I'm assuming that it can be used at the same time as the
light sensor. I'm also assuming that only input 2 can be used for the
light sensor and that 2 light sensors cannot be wired in parallel.

HI:

I'm a little confused by what you asked here.

all sensors can be used at the "same time" as every other sensor.  the
RCX can run up to 10 separate tasks.  it would not be hard for the brick
to have task 1 watch a light sensors on input 1, task 2 to watch a
rotation sensor on input 3 (for variety) and yet a third task to watch a
second light sensor on input 2.

Now it can get really confusing if you were asking about multiplexing
sensors.  you can put 2 touch sensors on one input. you can even put a
touch and a light on one input.  but as far as I have discovered, that's
it.    the light and touch send info to the rcx as a value of
resistance, (i think) and all other sensors (that are cool) send back
info as pulses.  So you cant mix a light & rotation.

* I do not have a temp sensor, so I cant say how it talks to the brick

What did you mean by:

I'm also assuming that only input 2 can be used for the
light sensor

--------------------
You can put any sensor on any input.

As to the last part, your "could" put 2 light sensors in parallel on one
input but you will only get a reading for the sensors that is detecting
the most light.

ergo:

if you have one point at the sun, and the other in your pocket, the
value that will be displayed on the brick will be 96% (ish)  this sort
of negates the second sensor in the dark.

Chris
Visit my newly revamped walker page @
http://www.members.home.net/cmagno/technics/index.htm