 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4542
Re: rtl11 Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 00:34:41 GMT

6/2/2002 5:39:09 PM, Chris Magno <cmagno@rogers.com> wrote:

I really hate to keep going on about this. But I'm going to continue to do
so until someone can give me a good reason why we shouldn't be using the
Nation's (and worlds) unit of choice for arbitrary dimensions with no
specific bias.

because it is a unit of measure that MANY people feel comfortable with.

I think that about covers it on a personal level.

As a machinist, I have a feeling for what .001" is but I have to scratch
certain parts before I can say what .05 mm is.

I have a similar issue with radians and such.

But there's another reason SI causes problems. It just costs more!

As an example, if you need to work in both inches and cm, you now need a
set of tools for both.

It would be really great if we could live in a fully SI world but the
reality is...

Someone once said that the nice thing about standards is that there are
so many to choose from.

DOC

--
MIME ATTACHMENTS DISCARDED: