 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4207
4206  |  4208
Subject:
Back from Capital City:
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 21:35:20 GMT

HI, GANG!!!

GOOD news on so many fronts.

1. I am back from Ottawa, and i can now once again be part of the
GREATER Toronto Lego Group.

2.  I have renamed the City of Ottawa to "Capital City"  It just makes
more sense.    I suggest all the LUGs in the Capital City Area rename as
required.

3. While In a mall in Capital City (the only mall connected to the
Westin) i could not help but notice that the Garbage Cans were
computerized.  I am so NOT kidding.  they had  a person detector, as you
approached the can the door would automatically open, and on the front
of every can was a 3 digit counter.  the counter did not change over
time or as people put stuff in the can.  all the cans had a different
number.  when I asked the person maintaining (i.e. emptying) the cans
what the counter was, the guy asked me "parle vous Francais"  (?) (sorry
I type French even WORSE then i speak it; and All the French i ever
picked  up was from spending 2 months in a dock yard in St. Nazaire(sp?)
France.... UGH, some day at dinner I will recant those dark days. On the
upside it was there that I got 2 HUGE technic lego sets)

The short answer is that I never did find out what the computer cans
were for.  (other than the obvious)

3.  Iain, (and other Mosaic builders)   I have found a NON technic form
of lego that impress' me.  check this out:

http://www.lipsons.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/mathlego.htm

Any lego design that starts off life as a math formula is cool.

SOON, when i get my SUPER COMPUTER (now being built) i will take more
pics of lego.

4. At the risk of tempting the gods, I can now post to NNTP with no
problems. BUT the last time i posted a similar message NNTP went down
for me.

I think that is it for now.

Chris
Pretend this says something funny