 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3682
Re: RCX go boom
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 03:43:06 GMT

From: Trevyn Watson <4tee2@rogers.com>
To: lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: RCX go boom
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 03:28:51 GMT

What did you do?

well i tried connecting an adapter that i had at home to the battery tabs of
the RCX (1.5) so  that i didn't need to use batteries. i guess the wires
touched somehow :(
i used a 9v, 300mA adapter so i don't think it got fried... at least i hope
not!

Did you do it during normal use? If you did, then i think they'll
replace it. Even if you didn't, you should still try. Also, check out
the thread "RCX Dead??" on lugnet.robotics. Some of the stuff in there
might be applicable to whatever youve done. BUT! I would try getting a
replacement from lego before opening it up.

brian peiris wrote:

i think i short circuited my RCX!!!!!! i need help. does anyone know
whether
i can get a replacement?