 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3450
Re: LEGO partners with F1 team BMW-Williams !!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 20:31:55 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Derek Raycraft writes:
This sounds very cool.  I will definitely be getting that large WilliamsF1
set when it comes out.

Its funny how news travels.  I spotted this on www.f1-live.com.  Looked in
lugnet.general to see if someone had posted it yet.  A posting had just
gone up but it referenced a different site.  Then I just happened to check
rtltoronto and your post went up and it references yet another site.

Anyway here's the article I read:

http://www.f1-live.com/f1-2001/en/headlines/news/detail/020131162725.shtml

Derek

It seems like there are a bunch of other LUGNET postings that talk about
this!!!  All from different websites!!  Shows you there are lots of F1 and
LEGO fans out there!

The only picture (probably) is at http://www.bmw.williamsf1.com/

I guess they read my mind about making a BMW-Williams Champion :)
(I swear I posted my message BEFORE I read the BMW-Willams site)
The prototype looks exactly like the Silver champion, but with white/blue
technic panels, and color-coded flex axles and corrugated tubes!

Ideally, LEGO should also offer the different-colored panels and tubes as a
separate kit, for those of us who already own the Silver Champion.  On the
other hand, having 2 large LEGO F1 cars would be pretty cool too!!!

John