 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3347
Re: Last night's Effort
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 20:54:40 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Elliott writes:
Hi guys,

I snapped some shots of my half module last night (The one that was an
empty soccer field at Train2).  As usual, never enough time to do
everything I want to do, but there's some chance I'll get to sleep
tonight :)

First shot is from the track end of the module.  The town is being
engulfed by a Lego avalanche - my desk gets progressively messier as I
get faster and more careless and the show looms closer.  In the
foreground is the blue cinema.

A close-up of one of my facade buildings.  I was struggling with how to
deal with the 8-wide margin between the road and the module edge; this
is my solution:  It looks like a brownstone, but it's dimesions are
16x4.  Yes, 4.  This leaves room for it to be set back from the road, a
luxury I wouldn't have with a real building.

The other facade building, an 18x6 apartment building.  It's yellow; but
I was shooting without flash at this point, and the incandescent filter
flattened the yellow.  This building is an attempt at a facade AND
height compression - it sort of looks like 4 floors, but it's only 20
bricks tall - first two floors are 6, top two are 4.  I inserted a black
wall inside so it wouldn't look so shallow, and to make the staircase
'disappear' as it went inside.

A close-up of the 2-level parking garage. It can hold about 9 or 10 full
sized-cars, but mostly it livens up the blank back wall of the office
building.  An alleyway leads out to the street.

A 3/4 left angle street scene.  Here you can see the marquee and box
office of the cinema.  The marquee is wired with fibre optics, but
they're disappointingly dim.  The office building has a curved front
which was a nightmare to countour the roof to.  It has support poiints
for a floor if I get brave tonight.  I'm SURE I'd fill it with office
furniture, if only I owned more Ice-Cream Girl sets.  In the centre of
the pic is the bus stop - sorry Jeff VW, but I had to take liberties
with your design since it was larger than several of my buildings.  This
one is 5x4x6 bricks tall.  Looks more or less the same.

Ohhh... I Like it!
And I REALLY like the rounded office building.....

Jeff VW