 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3259
Re: church pics taken
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 02:14:17 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Benjamin Medinets writes:
<snip>
and yes, there is a train light, powered by a technic battery box....
hey...that's like 4 themes... :)

Hey, cool... it's always interesting to see working lights in a building. I
like the glass windows. As a suggestion, something that always adds a ton is
not letting the structure become box-y. I.e. add jutting stuff, or sunk-in
windows, or statues... anything so it's not just four walls and a roof. It
adds a ton!

Thanks for the advice Shiri!!!  However, plain and boxy is just the objective
of the creation.....
The stuff you mention, might be interesting in a lego design viewpoint, or
an architectural stand-point....

however, from a chapel construction point of view is that the building
itself is supposed to be "simple" except for the windows, which are to
be "iconic" (containing religious symbols).

Other design concerns, like statues, and the stuff you describe would greatly
add to the expense of it....

and would probably distract the "parishioners" from the religious influence
of the minister (placed high up from the floor, which is conveniently
on a 9V battery box for the light), and of course the light itself which
shines down on the minister to convey that the words he is speaking come
directly from the word of the LORD.

That was what I was trying to convey with the creation.....

plus, to non-lego enthusiasts or to the "budding" lego builders seeing the
building can prove that they can do something like what I did, since 85%
of the pieces I used are widely available.  (a sort of pieces to the peasants
viewpoint....????)

Yeah that sounds good....

and thanks for your input!!!

Ben