 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3186
3185  |  3187
Subject:
LegoDacta / Spectrum Ed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 02:11:38 GMT

After a lengthy visit to Pitsco-LegoDacta website I finally found some info
on one of the LegoDacta distributors here in Ontario - "Spectrum Educational
Supplies"
In case you're not familiar with this Lego's well kept secret check out this
on-line catalog - pages 180 to 197 (prices are in CAN$):
http://www.linkpath.com/index2gisufrm.php3?tempCode=SP&onlineIssue=true

At any rate, today I finally called them up pretending to be a
representative of some "educational facility" - thinking they only sell to
schools and such. Although I quickly realized it's going to be easier than
that when a lady on the other end asked me if the order is for business or
my *personal needs*  :)) Greatly relieved I began listing the part# of
required items - to my great surprise and delight all of them turned out to
be in stock. And as if things weren't looking great already, I learn they
have a pick-up option - can say 'good-bye' to the nasty $20 S&H fees. So as
a result I'll be going to Aurora this Friday to pick up my 6 large
turntables, 324 pieces of small chain links, and 36 conveyor belt links -
all for just under 90 bucks.
Unfortunately those 3 items are the only good deals I found in the
over-priced Dacta catalog. Needless to say Dacta isn't going to change my
loyalty to BrickBay, although it is sure worth a look.

Speaking of BrickBay, has everyone seen my humble shop? Check it out -
http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?u=Louchy

For those interested in raw numbers, here is a highlight of Dacta
(SpectrumEd) vs BrickBay (average) prices:

Large Turntable    CAN$7+tax     vs    US$10+shipping
Small Cain (1 link)    CAN$0.08+tax    vs    US$0.10+shipping
MicroMotor        CAN$16.50+tax    vs    US$10-15+shipping
GearMotor        CAN$23.75+tax    vs    US$10+shipping

Ivan
"Push to test, release to detonate"