 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2692
Re: latest train project info.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 03:13:29 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Benjamin Medinets writes:
Just to let you know, I've decided to scrap the Genesis Engine altogether...
I wanted to make that design, but the (original) club car only has one hole
on each of its sides, making a (regular) train motor real hard without putting
an additional hole / modifying it - which is something I don't really want to
do.

In lieu of that, I started on a new engine project for my (ABS) Amtrak /
Metroliner collection.  I'm calling it my "Silver Bullet" Engine.  A lot of
my customized / original enhancements are (were) tranfered from the engines.

I won't reveal the characteristics yet to keep the details a surprise for a
later meeting (Nov. meeting), or just in case, I can't finish it.  Despite
starting the design this evening, I managed only need to put the top plates
on, and some detail work for the cab.

Always yours,

Benjamin Medinets

quick update.... the cab work is just about finished, and the top plates were
laid down.  I am 99% done this project....might need an extra here, or a slight
modification there....but in essence, this project is done.

Onto the next project, my town-sized (small) church.  Actually, this project
was essentially started in the summer, well late August, but I lacked the
parts to complete it.  I had a real cool door design all ready for placement,
but the model was moved....errr dropped a couple times, and the doors were
(are) missing.

So, I need to find some more interesting looking doors, in order to complete
it.  The sides are 60% done (I just need to modify the windows), and the
roof is done (thanks to today's shipment of Lego from Shop @ Home).  The end
walls, and doors need to be built....

and the inside will be constructed....pews, and the pulpit.  Then it should
be ready for display.

Benjamin Medinets