 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2684
2683  |  2685
Subject:
Mosaic project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 04:33:50 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi folks,

Mario and I finished his mosaic project this weekend.  It's a 96x48 mosaic:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/people/tsangc/lego-mosaic1-index.html

It was a hell of a lot harder than I had expected.  First was the problem
that we were working with a limited supply of bricks (dual 1200 piece tubs).
We tried a number of strategies including cropping the image, increasing the
brightness, all the way down to drawing lines on the image and counting pixels.

After about three days of planning, more planning and additional planning,
we took a run at it on Friday night after deciding to build with dots out on
two 48x48 baseplates.  It worked out great in the end!

Calum