 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 260
Re: Neat Sets at Zellers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 13:42:49 GMT

G'Day
Another neat set looks to be Wato's(sp) Junkyard, it looks like it might
have 8 stud diameter flat plates.  I could not buy it since the budget has
run out long time ago :) Has any gotten a copy yet ? and confirm the part
description.
Cheers
Oliver

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message
Chris and I were at Zellers today (with non Lego conspirator friend) and
noticed a pile of neat 2001 sets available:

1357 Lego Studios Cameraman ($2.99) is a little set with a camera guy and
his movie camera.  This is not a big deal (well, I think it's cool, being
into cameras and video etc) but this includes two very unusual pieces:  an
Axle coupler on one end, and a ratcheted Star Wars like connector on the
other which snaps into a ratcheted 2x1 flat base.  This allows an axle to • be
pointed in almost a full 180 degree arc (ratched at several angles • including
0, 90 and roughly about 160 or so.  Actually, these look like mortars for
the Pyro-Guy action kit.

7106 Droid Escape ($8.99) is a pretty stupid set if you ask me, but • there's
something redeeming about it:  It contains these curved 8 dot diameter
panels, four of them.  Two are solid grey, and two are decorated white. • It
also includes four 8 dot diameter floor panels, a 8 dot diameter Classic
space radar dish (cool!) and a few useful plates (4x4 grey, 6x6 grey).
What's even cooler is the 2x2x1 tall upside down corner slope in white.
There's four.  Chris took the C3PO and R2, I wasn't particularily • impressed
by them.

3406 The Balless Bi have returned (Soccer Busses minus free 6" soccer
balls), but unfortunately, this model (with white vs blue windows, very
subtle difference) is ridiculously expensive at $38.  That's insane
considering the 3411 Bus+Ball was only $24.95.

We found a 4561 ($140 after sale) and some other stuff, a lot of new • Studios
stuff, a few new Technic Play models.  BTW, if anyone in rtlToronto has a
spare cat, I'd really appreciate it, I don't wish to buy the full Town • Folks
set.  Will trade a...octopus or two for it.

Calum