 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2356
2355  |  2357
Subject:
8480
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 18:50:48 GMT

extremely limited quantities, but they say it's the ultimate technic set,
LSAH has the 8480 technic space shuttle on for 158 u.s.
just ordered one, this might get me back into technic ;)
As well, put an ad in the paper last week 'Wanted--LEGO'
expected a few phone calls, get 3-4 daily...  sometimes it's only a few sets
but i'm picking up supposedly 'tons' of lego early this afternoon from someone.
so the ad works, at least in this neighbourhood.
i picked up this week some 'island' sets so that was cute... now have even
more mini-figs, boats, canoes and stuff.
but none of the sets i have picked up are in their original boxes but i'm
not a collector for future selling (like some lego people i know, names
unmentioned!!!)
i throw all my pieces together,well... sorted into colour/function etc.
but i don't keep my boxes either.  too much room--i'd need a room just for
the boxes, yet alone another big room for the pcs.
anywho, pick up more lego, go to rehearsal, sit thru that for 4-5 hrs, then
try to come up with a good excuse to go home early to see what i got :)
my M.O. is to look at what's offered, then guesstimate the # of pcs.  since
LSAH usually gets around to selling off sets for under 10 cents/piece,
that's my top benchmark... all depends however, on 'specialized pieces'
(motors, technic, etc).
usually though it's pretty fair--people want to get rid of the lego (why?)
and i'm pretty fair with my pricing.
i've gone on long enuf about this, take care

dave