 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2269
2268  |  2270
Subject:
I have created a monster
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 02:30:05 GMT

Have you ever made something out of Lego that just completely surprises you?
I spent a chunk of the weekend rebuilding and upgrading my monkey. I
thought... lets make it faster... So in goes another motor, and I change the
gear train to be three times faster (pop out an 8 tooth and 24 tooth, and
stick in a couple 16 tooth gears). Lets just say three times faster is a lot
faster. So after all of the rebuilding and tweaking, I get it all together
and put it on my test ladder. I put pillows under it, just in case it
decides to self destruct :) And, I tentatively tap the battery box switch.
Hmmm, that seems way too fast. Oh well. So I turn it on and watch it go. My
jaw drops to the floor as I watch it literally *run* across the ladder.
Aside from the occasional crunching sound of skipping gears, this thing
flies! I feel like Dr. Frankenstein... I have created a monster.
Rob