 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2250
2249  |  2251
Subject:
Shouldn't I be working on my monkey?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 15:26:20 GMT

Ok, ok, I should have been working on my monkey.

I got distracted by my statue of liberty earlier this week.  I've been wanting
to rebuild it, replacing all the internalized bricks with bricks from my scrap
brick collection.

I have a collection of bricks that are marked, dirty, scratched, chewed on, sun
damaged, or otherwise unappealing to use in my models.  Looking at the statue,
I figured I could hide a lot of them in it and no one would see them.  This
would also get me lots of nice new dust green pieces to build with.

So it took me about five evenings to build the statue in the first place.  It
took me another five evenings to do the rebuild but I was rewarded with 567
dust green bricks, at the cost of probably around 600 ugly bricks.

This is the break down of what I recovered:

  9 - 1x1
38 - 1x2
39 - 1x3
17 - 2x2 corner
30 - 1x4
14 - 1x6
  6 - 1x8
28 - 2x2
11 - 2x3
203 - 2x4
98 - 2x6
74 - 2x8

I could have removed more piece then this, but it would have meant sacrificing
pieces I feel are more useful for ones that are not.  For example I sacrificed
a lot of 2x3 to get other bricks out because I hardly ever find a use for 2x3.

Ok, I will get back to work on my monkey now.

Derek