 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2137
2136  |  2138
Subject:
now a drill bit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 02:03:40 GMT

OK,  Just to share.

Again, I go home and work on the monkey.  This time with a bit of
inspiration from a co worker who says....

FLEX AXLE's

ok, so now all the motors are off the bodice, and can also be used as a
tail.

YES you will need a tail.

All i can say, is that it is quite possible to gear a motor down enuff,
then put lots of weight on the device to

WARP AN AXLE

The gear never broke, the thing did not explode....

i was trying one of my famous worm to 24t combo's an thought....

what if i power one of the worms with ANOTHER worm to 24t combo.

sure its SLOW!!

BUT man the torque.

enuff to twist an axle permanently to make it look like a drill bit.

pic to come.

:)

Chris
Visit my newly revamped walker page @