 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2020
Re: possible Train3 ideas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 12 Aug 2001 23:29:04 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Benjamin Medinets writes:
I was thinking yesterday that there wasn't too much stuff I could do to
improve my display....(it was far from perfect....mind you....but I doubt I
could get too much better)....

I had a slight (EVIL) idea of making a Paradisaville only town....
have an even larger playground, large, pink train station, with a pink
horse farm or 2, a pink country club, etc.....

but decided against it, as it would probably interest the kids, mostly the
girls under 7.

So this morning, I came up with the idea of displaying an Airport for the next
rtlTrain Event.  It will have:

a) 3 customized terminals.....maybe not some
huge ones I've seen in some layouts, but big enough to be practical...
1 terminal for arrivals, 1 terminal for departures, and 1 terminal for freight
and cargo only w/ self-contained warehouse/cargo holding area.  Cargo
Terminal will also have a rail loading / unloading dock.

b) airplane tarmac for loading and unloading passengers and freight.

c) 3 runways - at least 1 LIGHTED

d) people-mover (monrail) w/ 3 stops... one for the transfer station, and
one for arrivals terminal, and one for departures terminal.

e) transfer station will have 2 floors....upstairs: people mover stop,
downstairs: small train station (line will spur off from a main line)
Transfer station can also have an upstairs Airport Shuttle link/line to a
nearby town.....we'll discuss this later on....

f) hanger large enough to hold 2 or 3 LARGE airplanes

g} if there is room, time, or pieces left over (from my collection), I will
possibly add a main entrance to the airport.....and a parking complex.

Benjamin Medinets

So does this mean you are going to need more modules? <grin>

Jude