 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2012
2011  |  2013
Subject:
Train2 Pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 12 Aug 2001 17:07:56 GMT

I have just placed the pictures I took at Train2 on Brickshelf.

I had a great time, thanks to everyone for bringing their great displays and
trains they where all wonderful to see.

Hopefully next time I will be able to bring a module or two to display.
Instead of just train cars that are to big to run on the track: :-)

However it was lots of fun being able to run my 4.5v train.  I think its
been at least 15 years since its been run.  The black rubber rings that
normally sit on the wheels have long since rotted away.  I discovered that
white Technic belts fit perfectly and make a reasonably good replacement.

Unfortunately I never took a picture of the 117 push train I was pushing
around while everyone else was trying to get the electrics to work. :-)

I also appreciated being able to show off my monorail design.  I missed out
on standard monorail track so I decided to come up with an alternative.  It
works quite well.  Its a little slow and a bit wobbly, so there is room for
improvement.  Maybe for the next one I'll incorporate it into a display.

I look forward to seeing more pictures taken at the event.  It seemed like
there were more digital cameras there, then trains. :-)

Thanks again to everyone for a great time.

Derek