 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 18117
18116  |  18118
Subject:
Selling Duplo Interesting Experience...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 22 Dec 2011 00:57:41 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

So I put the totes of Duplo on Kijiji

Got a reply like 4 weeks ago saying that if I helf the duplo for a few weeks ,
they'd pay more.  So we did, and finally today we delivered...

Put the totes in the van and headed to the 'not-as-nice' side of The Hammer...

Took 4 totes up to the 22nd floor of this oldish apartment building, and knock
on the door.  Lady buyer answers and hands me an envelope.  I start unloading.

Coming from the generation of trusting people, I didn't count the cash in the
envelope whilst there

Hubby looks up from his chair as he sees all these totes coming in.  He doesn't
look too pleased.  And trying to find room in this already crowded apt for these
totes was an epic...

Oh, and I didn't describe the 'aroma' eminating from the apt--dog, cat, rats and
other 'pets' contributed to that particular olfactory offence.  And I felt like
I needed a shower after about 1.5 minutes in the apartment.

But the deed done, I get back in the elevator and it was at that time I checked
the envelope

Shorted me 50 bucks!

So back up I went, and even before the elevator door opened, I could hear the
yelling and screaming...

Fantastic.

It was at that point that a decision had to be made--do I knock and interrupt
the 'little spat' or do I just forget about the 50

So I fretted for a few minutes and was really leaning to just leaving (my type
of 'not getting in the middle of issues' personality...

But then I said to myself, 'Hey!  That's my duplo I was shortchanged on!!!'

A-knocking I a-went!

She comes out 'did I short you 50?'

Um yeah...

EOD, there is more room in our garage for my woodworking.

So there you are.

Life is the big adventure.

Dave K
-who is now going for a shower....