 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 18082
Re: Brickfête - robot games - who won
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 2 Aug 2011 15:03:35 GMT

I know you are all curious to know who won, so allow me to (re) announce.

1. For the Autonomous Tug-of-War game, we had a total of one entry. That robot
was declared the winner (by Default) Seeing as one of the rules was that the
event organizers are not allowed to win any of the game and that I had the only
entry, I was both declared the winner, and disqualified.

Moral of the story, Bring what you got, even if its NOT finished. (right dave?)

2. For the Autonomous Fire Fighting Game, we had 3 entries.

Jean Marc - First place - Won an NXT
Stephen - Second place - Won and 8052 technic truck
Chris - Third place - job well done

IT would seem that it pays to enter the robot games. Right Dave - cough - cough
- hint.

I had a great time seeing all the new MOC's. The snow groomer, the flatbed
yellow truck, and all those amazing random large lego bricks just roaming the
floor. I saw the huge WALL-E that has been making the news, and all those
technic carts that Dave made in every colour. Fantastic.

It was so much fun.

Thank you all for playing in the technic rooms.

Regards
Chris

Chris,

First, always go with your gut instinct.  Mine was to get the CS display
reasonably decent for showing.

Foregoing any gears, I'm comfortable with what I brought to the event.  Oh wait,
I did have a display in the technic room!  Well, that's that then!

Fortunately, all great builders inspire, and I am seriously contemplating making
a firefighting 'bot, even tho the competition is over.  I had some ideas for
one, but, as per above, didn't get time to do it.

Dave K