 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 17898
Re: Toronto Tic Tac Toe - Game Board
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 21 Mar 2009 00:16:25 GMT

From here on out, THIS is the paper game board.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/bccook/LUG/TicTacToe/rtl24_game_board.pdf

I've got a few concerns about the game board.

The paper is only sitting in the frame and the frame is slightly larger then a
standard sheet of 8.5 x 11 in. paper.  This means the paper will slide around as
the robot draws.  I've found with only moderate pressure the paper will in
fairly short order bend up and then start sliding all over the place.

I'd like to see a method of actively hold the paper down.  I'd suggest a strip
of painter's tape down the long edges of the paper.

If we are going to tape down the paper, I'd like to suggest removing the
"alignment" bricks once the paper is taped in place.  This will remove worry
about jamming either the marker or the light sensor into these bricks.

Which sides do the robots line up on?

This should be added to the game board PDF.  I would like to suggest the long
edge of the paper.

Finally, what is the airspace limitation?  I'd like to suggest that each robot
has a 4 stud band on it's edge of the 48x48 baseplate and a 4 stud band on the
robots right hand edge of the board, assuming the robot is a person facing the
board.  The strip on the right would extend to 44 studs up the side of the base
plate.  This would give each robot the full width of 48x4 studs directly in
front of it.

Derek