 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 17684 (-10)
  Re: dinner, meals, and POSTING via NNTP

(...) Unfortunately for all of you, I have other dinner plans for this evening. But have some poutine without me. Dave K (17 years ago, 8-Feb-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: dinner, meals, and POSTING via NNTP

(...) How about tonight? (17 years ago, 8-Feb-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Obvious Chinese Rip-off

(...) I actually bought one of these to compare the colors of the Maersk blue. All the box art and instructions are obvious copies, and the colors on the box don't match the colors of the bricks inside. Go figure. Russell BayLUG (17 years ago, 7-Feb-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Obvious Chinese Rip-off

(...) These kinds of sets are actually fairly common on ebay. In almost all cases however the shipping is so high that you actually don't usually save enough $ over the LEGO version for the sets to be "worth it". The dominiant brand seems to be the (...) (17 years ago, 7-Feb-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Obvious Chinese Rip-off

(...) I recall that a while ago either Ebay or Lego forced the Ebay sellers to remove the auctions because they weren't legally sellable in the US thanks to the copyright violation. DaveE (17 years ago, 7-Feb-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Obvious Chinese Rip-off

(...) Fair enough. I never saw the Maersk set (Dark Ages were most of the 90's). The question that comes to my mind though is why would they rip-off a set that is so old? And how lazy do you have to be to not even take a new picture? It's not like (...) (17 years ago, 7-Feb-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Obvious Chinese Rip-off

(...) The Chinese have been doing this for a long time now. I remember seeing sets on ebay from 1999. I believe that they were Castle and City sets. Exactly like the Lego models they copied. I don't think that there is much that Lego can do about (...) (17 years ago, 7-Feb-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Obvious Chinese Rip-off

(...) I think that Todd is referring to how the set is a knock-off of the Maersk-branded tractor-trailer set that LEGO offered in the 90s. Comparing the picture of the Chinese set, it's clear that they've even ripped off the LEGO box art. Compare (...) (17 years ago, 7-Feb-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Obvious Chinese Rip-off

(...) Uhm, not really since its not a rip-off. It's not a copy of an existing set AFAIK. Why get worked up about a clone brand in an auction that says it fits with LEGO? Nothing factually inaccurate nor is there any breach of copyright or trademark (...) (17 years ago, 7-Feb-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Obvious Chinese Rip-off

LEGO Fans BE OUTRAGED, Take a look at this eBay auction: (URL) rip offs like this P*SS you off! No wonder LEGO bricks are growing in price. LEGO Company must employ a building full of lawyers going after crap like this. Todd (17 years ago, 7-Feb-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact