 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 17631
17630  |  17632
Subject:
Technic "idea" book -
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 12 Jan 2008 23:21:38 GMT

In another thread Jim DeVona pointed out a page with a pdf book for
download.

http://www.isogawastudio.co.jp/legostudio/toranomaki/en/index.html

I took the chance, and grabbed the 80Meg file.

All I can say is it is FANTASTIC!!!!  It is "donation ware," and you can
download it beforehand to peruse. I think its well worth the $10
donation the author is asking.

Its well over 250 pages FULL of pictures, and simple drawings explaining
a TON of things about techincs.

This book is current and shows how to use even the latest Snowmobile
treads, AND Power Function motors.

Chris

  In lugnet.technic, Michael Huffman wrote:

> > Rather than re-invent the wheel, I'm looking for a library of
movement (for
> > lack of a better term) -- rather than drag out my dusty books on
math, vector
> > forces, torque, etc.

This isn't specific to the examples you give, but there is a great PDF book
called "Tora no Maki" that visually catalogs a tremendous variety of Technic
connections and mechanisms. You can download it here:

<http://www.isogawastudio.co.jp/legostudio/toranomaki/en/index.html>

Again, it probably won't provide a direct solution, but as you browse
through it
you may find examples you can apply to your project.

Jim