 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 17619
Re: OT: More Bacon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2008 13:38:49 GMT

On Jan 7, 2008 11:42 PM, Chris Magno wrote:

With the Deep fryer Janey got me for Christmas, I just HAD to try deep
fried bacon.

Over the holidays we were playing with the deep fryer (made our own
blooming onion http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blooming_onion ) and kept
looking for other things to fry since the oil was hot (we had used a
giant cast iron pot on the stove...)

I threw in a slice of bologna.  It shrunk to the size of a loonie
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loonie and (imoo) goes down in history as
the only food with less fat in it *after* deep frying...

-Rob A>