 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 17519 (-10)
  Re: Walker useing new leg design

(...) But weight is not the only force happening - something has to move it laterally. When the leg is pulled sideways the link doing the pulling is in tension, the heavier the bot is, the more tension there will be. ROSCO (17 years ago, 24-Oct-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Walker useing new leg design

(...) hummmmm, maybe Im not understanding. as I see it, all the "weight" is at the one pivot point in the leg that attaches to the "frame." (the thick black line in Philo's Gif.) Chris (17 years ago, 23-Oct-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Walker useing new leg design

(...) thanks Ross. Thats also a neat looking tractor. Im going to go look at it some more. Chris (17 years ago, 23-Oct-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  rtl sumo from a long time ago was - something about walkers

(...) ok, who are you and what did you do with the REAL Dave K? I set you up for some good classic rtl smack, and thats what I got? Dave, go back and please try again. I rate that at D-. Chris (17 years ago, 23-Oct-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Walker useing new leg design

(...) yeah, that's about how i remembered it as well Dave K (17 years ago, 23-Oct-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Walker useing new leg design

(...) (Bright blue or bright green in that image depending on direction of travel) ROSCO (17 years ago, 22-Oct-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Walker useing new leg design

(...) You might find that the beams that pull the leg sideways are under enough tension with a large version to cause problems though, especially if moving over difficult terrain. ROSCO (17 years ago, 22-Oct-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Walker using new leg design

(...) I fiddled with lengths in Euklides till I got a reasonnably flat and horizontal path for the foot, while keeping axle lengths even, and came up with this one. After building I had again a closer look at this other simulation: (URL) the bottom (...) (17 years ago, 22-Oct-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Walker useing new leg design

(...) That's a very neat walker. I believe (URL) tractor> used a very similar mechanism, but I didn't bother to do a sketch. If you want to check it out yourself it's at the transport museum in Wetaskiwin Alberta. Or at least it was in 2001. I don't (...) (17 years ago, 22-Oct-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Walker useing new leg design

(...) Murfled! :) Chris (17 years ago, 23-Oct-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact