 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 17051
  Re: The difference between hobbyists and collectors...

(...) Well, hoarding is fine, Chris loses the opportunity of using that money for something else, or the bricks for something else. (...) It also can't be taken as a loss to the community--come on Dave, Chris paid for it fair and square. These (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: The difference between hobbyists and collectors...

(...) Agreed-if Chris has, hypothetically, some Technic subs sitting in his basement that he plans on selling in some years time for some profit--no issues from me. As stated before, that's not the issue--it's the degree of profit. If Chris puts up (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: The difference between hobbyists and collectors...

(...) I disagree. If Chris does a good job of estimating the final purchase price, good for him. He'll save people like you from wasting your time bidding on it, while the price rises from $20 to $100. I don't think it's gouging, if it's a luxury (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)