 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16926
16925  |  16927
Subject:
Time for a time-out from eBay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 18 Nov 2006 03:29:04 GMT

Over the last few onths, I've put in a few offers on LEGO lots on eBay.  Won a
few, which made me happy, but the last couple really irked me.

First there was the 70 dollar 'brokerage charge' from UPS in a lot that came fom
the US.  Most times, people send stuff via normal post, but this one was
UPS--200 dollars for the auciton--20ish dollars for shipping, and i was good.
Then the brokerage/tax fee--70 bones... not happy!

I also won a few micromotors--get them and 2 of hte 4 didn't work.  Seller was
nice enough and stated he'd exchange 'em for working ones, but just annoying.

And another motor lot-6 geared motors, but one was completely stuck--but the
seller stated he had no replacements so I was SOL....

This on top of the 1965 motor that didn't work until I fixed it...

The one bright light in all this is that I've received my final winning bid--a
6991 monorail...  I am now 'space' monorail complete :) and I paid a pretty nice
price---100 bones for a full monorail set--not too shabby from the other prices
i've seen...

but i'm giving up on eBay for a bit.... I have enuf RCX's to last me a while and
motors galore for the 'bots and the train layout....  so I'm done.

Just a heads up--if a seller only ships UPS, don't bid!!!!

Dave K