 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1635
Re: [rtlToronto] Train2 on August 11th, 2001: Poster Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 14:23:36 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry writes:
"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message

Help us advertise by printing up and posting a poster at your office, • dorm,
church or community center:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/lego-081101-poster.pdf

Awesome poster, dude.

Thanks-I'm not thoroughly happy with it, but I had to get something out as
fast as possible.  I didn't want to use the Blue Sewing Machine Factory that
JeffE built-it's already been featured in the train1 poster, and taking a
photo with the Red Factory would be too similar.  So I ended up using this
unfinished grain silo I've been working on.  The building is kind of half
built, I only laid enough roof pieces to show in the photo, the rest of the
building isn't finished yet.  I'll be getting some more 45 deg roof tiles to
finish off the top differently-I don't want to use my 8x6x1 Outback Airstrip
roof shingles this way.

The building is just too generic.  The printout looks nice though-it prints
terribly on our streaky and dark LaserJet 4siMX but looks really good on our
Colour LaserJet 4500N.  I hope it turns out okay on colour inkjets...

Of course, the Pyro Guy Truck makes a cameo appearance--as Chris has already
noticed.  I figure the Pyro Guy Truck will get into a lot of the rtl
"advertising" as we go along, as will some other recognizable bits here and
there.

Calum