 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 162
161  |  163
Subject:
Next Competition: MicroMouse? MICRODUCK??????????????
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 00:30:59 GMT

OMG!

Idea time. This is what happens when you don't go to school.

5x5 grid, alternatley-coloured tiles on it black/white. Removable,
reconfigurable walls, maybe 10 cm high. 20 cm grid squares, so the entire
playing feild is 1 m x 1 m.

Build a robot that can get to the "goal" as fast as possible.

1) Use your light sensor to look at the floor; because every other tile is a
different colour, we now can do basic positioning.

2) Use your touch sensor to detect walls.

I know Mindstorms/NQC is signifigantly limited in intelligence, but why not,
hm? I'm working on prototyping a playing feild/robot to the next din-din.
And of course, it cannot be MicroMouse, because the RCX is too large. The
RCX is yellow, and ducks are cute.

MicroDuck.

    Iain