 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15846
Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto20 Photos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2006 18:40:44 GMT

Hi folks,

Here are photos from rtlToronto20: Project Y.

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/lego-030406/

Thanks to those who attended and brought robots to play this new game.
rtlToronto looks towards July for it's next event, rtlToronto21.

Calum

Here's my blog entry for the day--

http://sandysparky.net/blog/00000425.php

which I just updated to include an MLCad view of my motor/gearing of hte scanner
'bot 'cause some people were interested.

MLCad file--
http://sandysparky.net/lego/rtl20.ldr

Nothing exceptional--driving is done with 4 motors with 8t gears meshing with
40t gears.  that's it, really

the scanner motor has an 8 tooth gear, which meshes with a 24 clutch gear.  The
axle off the clutch gear passes thru a rotaton sensor and ends with a 12t bevel,
which, in turn, meshes with another 12t bevel (so I can get the vertical), and
that 12t has an 8t on the other end of the axle.  THe 8t meshes with the large
technic turntable, upon which all the scanner hardware sits.

done

Dave K