 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15695
Re: Project Y playfield and your robot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 15 Feb 2006 16:44:10 GMT

Just wanted to give everyone a 'heads up'...

I was testing my 'bot in my mini-playfield and I noticed something--

The height of the light to designate the transfer openings is higher than the
playfield walls.  Since my light sensor array is set up to scan at the same
height of the transfer light, my light sensors picked up the ambient light
outside the arena.

Since the mini-playfield and the actual playfield have the same wall height,
your robot will have the same issue.

I'll leave it up to Chris and Calum to let me know if they want me to nip over
to Home Despot to pick up some extra lumber to increase the height of the
playfield walls, or if this issue will be added to the 'enhancement' list ;)

I'm not sure I want to inconvenience you to increase the height of the
walls...we already spec'd the height...so builders should have realized the
environment will have background noise and dealt with it appropriately.

For those building (Ivan, Vitali, Chris, Derek, etc) does this really pose a
problem enough to chip in and cause DaveK grief?

Calum