 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15614
Re: More Inspiration
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 27 Jan 2006 18:40:15 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Rob Antonishen wrote:

But flip through the rest of the site.... really cools stuff there.
Even the old stand-by of an etch-a-sketch driven by steppers...

I wanted to do an "art" rtlToronto competition many years ago, but no one
except Iain and I were interested.  One of the ideas was to lay out large
swaths of paper on a table and make mobile plotters.

Calum

I might mention that there's a website that you can do art on-line.  It's not
stepper motor technology, but, eh, it does hte job...

http://sparky.i989.net/camjava.htm

;)

And I've so been planning a plotter 'bot for ages--asked Rob S for his plotter
'bot instructions, and now that I've got this synchro drive thing mostly figured
out, I'm good for the art.

Just have to figure out how to get the Stinky command language to RCX thing
worked out.

(Of course, Stinky is now off-line--that didn't make me happy...)

Dave K